September 5, 2009

TODAY'S HARVEST

Bright, vibrant color and fresh flavors that are true to taste are the best benefits of having a vegetable garden! I didn't know what was out there, nor what I would cook. So, I went out to see what the garden had in store for me. As you can see from the pic, I got quite a haul! The dishes I decided to cook were a Mangalore chicken curry and Fall River Vegetable Stew, from the Moosewood cookbook. The flavors are rich and full ~ one of our summer favorites. Just stirring it makes me feel healthy! I'll use the rest of the potatoes (planted five varieties) in an oyster stew.

Besides the veggies, I brought in great bunches of flowers to put in vases throughout the house. I always like to have enough flowers in the garden to be able to cut bouquets for my spirit. I hope that, whether or not you have your own garden, that you're taking in the late summer days and enjoying their energy. I wish I could have all of you at my table!

No comments:

ShareThis

Creative Commons License
Aspenglow / Buttered Lips by Gayle Nabrotzky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.passionate-psyche.blogspot.com.